Friday, May 08, 2009

Cruise Control!

I've been thinking a lot these days on what is it that I am suppose to be doing in life. My purpose while I have time. Time is never always on yourside and really, as cliche sayings go, we ought to take life by its horns and go ride it through. How easy it is to say. Life is short. Life is fleeting. Life is never always what you think it should be. It is best to just come along for a ride, but isn't it better if the cruise control is turned off? That somehow, we ought to be able to navigate life through the various adventures?

Sometimes I think I'm brave enough to go 'off roading' and be able to find more adventure. Then I find myself complacent with my index finger lingering the cruise control button. Trying hard to fight the urge to actually push it. Or maybe it's the other way around. I'm fighting the urge to actually go off the highway and into paths unknown and untrodden. Maybe in all honestly, I'm just really a wuss. Wuss it is for now, since I'm in school. Hopefully as I go back to get my masters, I'll grow a spine and be brave enough to embark on new things. Here's to hopin'

No comments: